"It takes time to extract joy from life" - Elizabethtown

1/18/2015

Hey You, if you're here anyway.

I've just watched next movie which brought me some new reflections about that whole thing, called life. If you don't see point in considering about it (YET, baby, YET, it will come someday anyway), leave this post.





Well Elizabethtown is movie from 2005, so not so young. Not very popular too. Pretty shame, because it made very good impression for me. This time, I really didn't even try to concetrate on "technical side" of the movie, which has accompanied me recently. Now I do and I remember great music for example. Somebody said, you maybe heard about it, that good soundtrack is when you leave the cinema/finish watching the movie at home and you don't remember it.
I thought over it but...that's rubbish, people.
Good music is ALWAYS remembered and stays in your mind, you want it or not.

Some try here:




So the music was good and acting really as well. I was very nicely suprised by Orlando Bloom, who I like very much for the sense of humour, fabulous hair and of course Legolas role, but it was actually the first time I saw him in "dramatic" movie. He did really good job. I saw the point of the character, I understood him, even in this difficulty moments. And I cried once (authentically) with Drew Baylor, the main character, during his journey. If Orlando hadn't played it good, I wouldn't have noticed these all stuff. Also Kristen Durst, the second important character - Claire was good, or better word is - adorable. Anyway in this story, telling about the guy who looses his job and his dad dies suddenly and this guy goes to home Elizabethtown to meet family again (and ... more you have to watch ;) ) they were really good-watching duet.
But the director and scriptwriter, Cameron Crowe made another impression on me.
As I started to consider about my life, my family, problems, successes and failures. But I haven't got into much sadness or melancholia, even if a little bit, in this right, "hale" way.
 On this hidden agenda I noticed again that I really should accept some things in my life. That I should go from next chapter to another. Be in progress. Look for my own journey. Grow up and find the real point of my idea of myself. Find more happiness, which adapting, as in title is said, needs time. But also understand sadness and learn to live with it.
There are so many things to do so, but I have still a fantastic feeling: I don't feel like being in a rush. I want to live my life, 100% way, DEVOUR it - but MY OWN WAY. I hope this feeling will stay with me as long as it can. I hope you find it sometimes too.

That's probably everything for now, it's almost 1 a.m., time for some sleeping, cause tomorrow are many things to do, and whole day to live.

Watch Elizabethtown someday, really. Maybe you won't find it that what I found and enjoyed, but we're different and have different opinions. If you will want to share them, write below.
I'll appreciate it and for sure, answer.




Good night, all nightowls and all of you who start a new day

(I have to work at saying goodbye - it's getting too long, don't I?)

                                                                                                               GigiBax

You Might Also Like

0 comments