Santa burnt the gingerbreads

12/07/2016

Aloha!

Do you feel it? The Christmas. But generally THE December?



I find it one of the most favorite periods of the year, which can be defined as the exciting Noel preparation process, snowing glory oh-ahs and of course a lot of sweets and other cheat meals which are in my opinion totally allowed at this time for it's the most wonderful time of the year!

Surely, some of you may have an impression that the whole Christmas and giving presents idea seems to getting a bit overrated now. The media and shops attack us with the special promotions of the products which actually we don't need. We're made to hurry due to general hurry of the crowd because everyone must be done on time with each detail - from elegant sent of e-cards to the toilet paper in the snowman pattern. Do I exaggerate? Judge it by yourselves.

Personally, I'm still into the sheer December atmosphere more than facing the company of the surrounding commerce. The kindness, love, cold of dancing snowflakes, warmth of the fireplace at home and a lot of hot cinnamon-vanilla cocoa. That's my way for Christmas.

And of course the people. The whole world gets so quickly beautiful and simple when it comes to Santa Claus Day. In my case, the idea changed into the whole week celebration, but it's not too much. It's turned out to be so rewarding.

That what I wrote above firstly seems to be the main topic of this post, but actually I would like to focus on the specific phenomena in everyday human relationships. It has appeared in my environment at the beginning of the last year but yesterday, on the 6th December, got some more spotlight at last.

You see (I think you know what i mean), it happens in life that people slip by. 

(I like rhym making, but let's get to the baking)

This year I decided to prepare some small cocoa-self make sets for my friends and closer people. (Closer word here is kind of important, keep it in your minds.)

I added some drawings on it, anyway... I was done at last and happy went to my bed and was ready for the following Santa day. But when I started to think about the lovely, good humans which surround me - and, Lord, I'm so lucky to have a lot of them in my life - there was one girl,  a classmate, who didn't let me sleep. Why I didn't include her in the list? She's wise, amazing listener and talker, gifted and inspiring person. Why did she slip by again?

So I woke up at that night, prepared one more cocoa set and the other day simply gave it to her as well. I totally wasn't expecting such honest and rewarding reaction. Her eyes were glassed, she said the hug is not enough to show her gratitude to me and as fast as she comes to her house, she's going to prepare something for me as well. 

I've never rejected her as a person, but also didn't classify her as someone closer.

But, hey, who are the close people? Sometimes, it's immediate that you find a soulmate you could talk for ages. And this girl, she's one of these people. I didn't get to know her as much as I would like to, but I was struck that I should, since she's such a worthy, amazing human. I didn't see that, because our contact didn't develop. We didn't give the chance to meet each other better, but yesterday became kind of a second chance.

Because, when you look at the other human's soul not once, but twice or many times again it may seem he or she is the one who just cannot slip by from your life. That you need each other and want to take care of your relationship. 

And my feelings led by intuition went fully complete when today she brought, as a late-Santa gift, the gingerbreads she baked by herself. She told me, though, that some part of them she burnt totally so she must have added some ready-ones to the package but she hoped other kinds of cookies would taste good as well.

Can you believe that? I've discovered another Santa Claus I've been actually knowing for almost one year actually. How does it happen to say aloha to someone from the totally different perspective once again?

I don't know, but I definitely would love to say more alohas like that in my life.
Sometimes, I am, we are, just a bit too busy, a little blind.
And in December, in the whole Christmas magic we're given, some more light and that, hopefully, may help us to be better and meet people better.

Just let this light in your hearts and minds. (Places like this on the photo are inspiring for searching it. Recommended.)

Have a wonderful, snowy week, I hope to here from you some December thoughts,

GigiBax

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I need to throw away so many things! I have to purge my flat, too much rubbish and needs a good sprucing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with that...! but I'm sure with the company of some old Christmas songs (I strongly recommend "Rock Christmas" compilation!) it will go quickly and pleasantly :)

      Delete