"Girl, where do you think you're goin'?" - the growth is alright

11/27/2016


Aloha!




‘I Wanted to Do the Things That Made Me Fall in Love With Music in the First Place’

~Lady Gaga for The Guardian 





I should have written this review-post earlier but actually I even didn't think about it. Like, I focused more on the same listening and living with the company of the album Joanne by Lady Gaga which came out after 3 years of waiting. 


What is quite interesting is that I've always was only found of Gaga. Now I'm in the author-listener relationships I have probably never been before. 

I just deeply respected her originality (still being a bit surprised while seeing her in meat outfit or boots higher than NYC skyscrapers). Never though have I considered an active fan, following every step she would made. I make myself comfortable with this attitude any time I see her photos taken by hidden paparazzi. It's definitely enough of watching, what for I should stalk her everydaying even more? It's all about music, right? 

Yes, it's all about the music and the amazing, truly intriguing growth in it as well. 

I didn't really immerse in the history beyond the album before buying it. That was a spontaneous decision, but still with the honest perception it would be something very special. Like, I saw the cover, the natural kind face of Gaga, the country-friendly hat and I just thought to myself: it must be precious, it just must be. 

And openly I may tell you, that the 4th album of Stefani Joanne (!!!) Angelina Germanotta is for me an absolute discovery of this artist but also of this year as well. 

Gaga came back to her roots (or maybe it was the moment she's always been waiting for?) - the songs are amazing mix of different genres. I personally did love the country accents, especially in the song Come to Mama and Sinner's prayer. However, I cannot find the favourite of mine on this album. 

Each record is filled with so many emotions, each of it has own story. Songs like Million reasons or Angel down simply make you see Gaga's world rolling around in this emotional rollercoaster way. Don't think it creates chaos, though. The variety is complete, but still open to many interpretations. After 5th or 6th listening I believe it leaves with me new and new reflections and reviews. 

i'm singing dancin' in circles, feels good to be lonely 

(Dancin' in the circles, Joanne, Lady Gaga, All Rights Reserved)


As Gaga said in this short, but huge in worths interview below (which is a must-watch!):

you can't label the growth. 

I agree with it so much I want to cry. We have a right to be now who we are now. 

I'm sure some people will seek soon to some hits similar to Bad Romance or Born This Way. But you know what? This era is not closed, it is just a bit different. Still, it is honest, it is Gaga. 

I personally cannot wait for more Joanne-like records, however I'm also aware that one is unique due to the mentioned originality of Gaga. I might only expect similar style, but no repetitions. Never from her, that's why she's gained such respect from me. 

oh, hear my sinner's prayer
i am what i am 
and i don't wanna break the heart of any other man
but you but you 

(Sinner's prayer, Joanne, Lady Gaga, All Rights Reserved)



I cannot wait you to hear the full album and I cannot hear your reflections about it as well. 






The photos come from The Guardian page, originally made for Joanne Lady Gaga album. I do not owe anything to these works, they were used for promotion purpose only.


GigiBax 

You Might Also Like

0 comments