"You can be good" East of Eden moment

11/20/2016

Aloha! 






Old movies have got something different, don't they? Like, let's say, incapable desire to make the content good despite of the imperfect technology possibilities of that time. 

Mark Twain, in my opinion one of the most interesting and smart writers of our times, wrote: all generalisations are false, including this one. Yeah, he's totally right and the conclusion above might find the against arguments. But still, there is this something in old movies. Do you feel it? Can you catch it? 



Yesterday I finally sat and watched East of Eden movie. I didn't suppose it would take so much time to take this viewer action as well as to write a new post on this blog again. Ah, life happens and priorities are ruthless, too. 

As you may suspect, firstly I wanted to analyse another creation of the human who's started to intrigue and inspire me about year ago. That's the time I've discovered personality of Jimmy (yes, he preferred that form probably) Dean. I've read really a lot about him and there is quite group of people stating that the glory around his work and person is much more exaggerated. That early death made him an icon the society loves for less than more he had showed. 

Read it again - it was death who made him well-known? I believe it was the hungry and deaf media, other people, I bet he would laugh at it. (But also cry a bit) He pointed out many times that he just wants to do his job the best he can... People are lovely, aren't they? 

You ask what's that intriguing something in Dean? The eyes. Holy moly, I'm crazy about human eyes. I believe they say much more than mouth and what is even more interesting (but also sometimes scary) - I see these unspoken speeches and I face the truths. 



The movie East of Eden, as written on the online description, tells the story of two brothers fighting for love of his father's. For me it's all about loneliness, inner struggles, true love and the forgiveness which throughout all these world years have led to the better things than lack of it. 

The scenes are amazing. There are some extremely funny ones, like one with the beans or car work performance. There are also some very touching ones - what seems even more impressive - improvised (dive in the behind-the camera facts, I can't spoil a line). 

The play of same Dean is far far different from Rebel without a cause one which people sometimes relate similarity to. Still can't believe he was only 23 years old while filming the movie. 

What must be said is also the play of the rest of the cast. Never forget about the others, even from the episodes like the lady with cigarette in a red dress. Precious. 

Julie Harries did amazing, at the very beginning I couldn't believe she could be the one girl with big charisma. Her character was developing on the screen and that was much more interesting to follow than the boom show some actors present and then keep as it was something burnesome for it doesn't show real acting. 

The role of father, Adam Trask, played by Raymond Massayes needs an applaud, too. Trick fact - it's said he wasn't really keen on Dean, but the director of the picture, Eliza Kazan, didn't interrupt their tough relation behind the camera as it helped to create alike one on the screen. 



I'm going to watch this movie, after a while, once again for sure. The lines in it lead to so many reflections that it makes you want to stop the seanse and think for a moment before playing it again. It's due to great book, by John Steinbeck, we must not forget about it, but the scenery and great-played characters help to visualise these reflections even better. 

Let me know if you had already (hopefully) seen this movie and please, share your reflections. Or maybe there is another motion picture you're going to watch today for example? Let me know too. 

I know I haven't been so active here recently and that requires a reprimand. Still, I want to share with you these, in my eyes, most valuable things. Hopefully, after reading those you may be left with an impression it was not the waste of your precious time so it was worth it. 

Ah, time, time, time. I've got excactly enough I was given of you, but still I miss you sometimes. 



GigiBax

  All the photos come from The Salinas Californian. All rights reserved.  



You Might Also Like

0 comments