This Smonday feeling

12/11/2016

Aloha everyone!

Dinner with candles company. Honestly, I should do it more often.


Short before I sat to write this post, the electricity, due to crazy winds dancing outside, had been cut away from the whole area. 

Actually, I've found myself very calm with that revelation and just closed the glowing screen of my laptop and slowly switched to looking for some melancholic candles. That hour of darkness, perfectly shows how to understand better the phenomenon of Smonday feeling and how to deal with it. 

Firstly, for all you who hadn't heard this word before - Smonday works lively in an English language everydaying (as that -ing form I've made so correct, but so needed on my page) and has even own dictionary definition. 

It can be described as the period of time (and emotions) a human struggles with between Sunday and Monday as you can guess. It's also said that Smonday involves bigger intake of caffeine than for regular people and less amount of sleep. What I found especially interesting was the fact, that the phenomenon can occur mostly for the employees in the businness field of work as well as for college students. (Here, I would look for a little bit different interpretation, let's say more party-involving explanaition for the sleepless nights of poor students, but you cannot argue with the dictionary, right?)

However, I believe that besides the above psychological essay about Smonday, everyone knows what I'm now talking about. Like, each of us should easily recall one moment in life when during Sunday afternoon or evening, the Rush of Work was laughing and teasing us with a company of Lady Frustration whose loud knocking at our Door of Time was becoming pretty pissing off. These two feelings actually break the rule of classic relaxing Sunday idea, interrupt our relationships and even cause some under-eye bags. 

But, hey, IT IS possible to organise your time so you could do less for one day of the week!
I would love to emphasise the phrase do less, as doing nothing cannot match this kind of rests time. Of course, doing nothing hasn't got particular definition, but in my modest opinion, acting like a couch potato whole day is more like vegetation, not real relax we all seek to. 

Sunday was made to feel us better. To make life easier. We feel the hurry of the World, we try hard to not to fall behind in our lives. 

Yes, you can live from weekend to weekend. It is, indeed a perfect occasion to stop for a moment, to talk with the beloved ones, to read a book, stretch up a bit, get some warm cocoa... but weekend doesn't delete other 5 days of your week, remember that! 

But imagine, there are people who, more or less aware of that, delete Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (just in case you're in the group and forgot how the days are named), Thursday and Friday. They're so bombed with the frustrating feeling of Smonday. Then, they don't even have a rest they've been waiting for so hard. T r a g e d y. 

I just wanted you to consider whether you've faced, an how many times, such tragedies in your lives. Of course, we're only humans and I also sometimes remind myself about the undone work at 23:59 on Sunday. 

The key is to organise your time in that own, creative way to fight the Smonday feeling effectively. To barely forgot about it. 

That hour of darkness I've had today let me encourage myself to spend the rest of the evening more pleasantly, more slowly. 

It appears, so, sometimes darkness can enlighten us. 

(God, but please don't make me blind at those very moments.)


GigiBax








You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ha, I don't work Mondays, still find them depressing though. This whole weekend has been very dark and gloomy in this corner of the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way, Sir, Mondays free? So how about your Tuesday feelings?

      Also, thanks a lot for your comments, I really do appreciate them! regards!

      Delete