31.12

12/31/2016

Aloha Everyone

Just wanted to thank you so much for your support, being here so patient for me and your general presence. You're totally awesome!

What I also had to share was the feeling of the every year's melancholia which has just surrounded me now, as I found and read for the first time this very today poem by Charles Bukowski.

It tells more than it could be described how the New Year's Eve feels like.

I would like to leave you with this strong reflection below but also encourage you to get enough joy and positism this evening. It's all about the balance.

Maybe we're sometimes too afraid of things because we don't really know them. But look. Isn't it also exciting? 365 days of a new adventure? Challenges, new people, changes!

Something tells me it'll be extraordinary time. No exaggeration, honestly.

See you in 2017

Peace & love

GigiBax

...........

Palm Leaves

at exactly twelve o’clock midnight
1973-74
Los Angeles
it began to rain on the
palm leaves outside my window
the horns and firecrackers
went off
and it thundered.

I’d gone to bed at 9 p.m.
turned out the lights
pulled up the covers–
their gaiety, their happiness
their screams, their paper hats,
their automobiles, their women,
their amateur drunks…

New Year’s Eve always terrifies
me

life knows nothing of years.

now the horns have stopped and
the firecrackers and the thunder…
it’s all over in five minutes…
all I hear is the rain
on the palm leaves,
and I think,
I will never understand men,
but I have lived
it through.

Charles Bukowski

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Good stuff! I shall be heading on more adventures, and trying not to be so flakey and stressy. Impossible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. flakey means original, duh! :) good luck in 2017!

      Delete