The key is moving on

8/14/2016

Aloha!




Hoist up the foresail to the wind and start the journey.
The worst thing you can do now is to stop and get stuck, so keep moving on. 

My language goes into the poetic water-inspired language maybe because I've seen Charlie St.Cloud 
movie recently or due to travel I had to the land of lakes a week ago. 

Anyway, the topic of the post is about having your boat still in the movement, as you give up the sailing, you loose the good waves - the true beauty of your life. 

Development! That's the key! - I've heard it a few times the other day and I really decided to patiently rethink this simple statement. And of course you here get the result of that contemplation. 

The human who's been repeating these words asked me what new things I've learned during this year so far. Believe me or not, I got truly fascinated by this non-typical question and then saw happy how many little things I discovered. From better cooking way of aubergine to the waitress skill course I completed. Amazing it was, to just sit and remind yourself about all these things you've touched for the first time, being like a child, like a very curious life student! 

After this long dinner and even longer talk I got so inspired I've decided to set up a new, fresh notebook within I could remind myself about such little-big achievements. The idea is to at the end of your week, sit calmly and try to create a summary of the goodness happened in the mentioned week. You don't need to write your diary, because it's generally hard to be so consistent every damn evening - here you just focus on the new things you've learned (especially all by yourself!) and the old things you've improved somehow. 

Tasting your life like that, with bigger curiosity and more passion can help you achieve fuller satisfaction. If you get stuck in the bad (repetitive as for a robot) routine you loose that chance. 

The key is to develop yourself, as you move forward you don't move backward, right? 

I must say I want to try this notebook experience as I wrote my first week note. I've got very motivated for the following time! It is a challenge to keep such noting regular as the spare time gets tighter but I'm thinking now - if I don't have 10 minutes, once a week, just for such an enjoying myself action, there is serious something wrong! 

I want to deeply encourage you to try it, first of all because it's going to show you how interesting and inspiring your own life is and second of all - I'm in as well, and as they say two is already company. 

Here is the fragment of the summary I've created from this week. Enjoy! 

  • Judith Hill - the backup singer from the Michael Jackson team is amazing solo singer which touches my music soul 
  • how the game rules od the badminton and table tennis really look like (thanks, Rio!)
  • when you're with your family, dig your phone deeply in the bag 
  • the tea with your grandma never lasts too long 
  • what does "Azarath-Metrion-Zinthos" mean (Teen Titans fans, are you there???)
  • the old family stories are important to know 
  • "You're hurt because you're alive" ~ Charlie St.Cloud 
... 

and more

...

GigiBax


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Haven't played badminton for a while, but I was ok. Table tennis I've only played in pubs at 2am!

    ReplyDelete