"The Screenwriter Within"

12/28/2014



I know it's not late but I'm going to watch Glee in few minutes time so I'm posting earlier.
I have to say, that Christmas holiday is the best time in my year apart from summer holidays. I always reload and catch new good energy and lots of new ideas. I don't know it's effect of cinnamon cookies or Christmas fantastic songs but I always have a good time. And at this time I usually read a lot and take books which were waiting on my shelf for their special minute (in fact long hours).
One of them is "The Screenwriter Within" 2nd edition by D.B. Gilles which I bought that summer in Oxford (about this amazing city will be more and more, promise) in BlackWell's store (VISIT IT!!!!).



It's a book-guide so I couldn't just sit and read it from first to last page. That kind of book needs more attention and of course relaxed, cleaned mind. Finally I got this relaxing way, because this term was crazy. However, let's see the book.


Yep, that's the cover. Quite nice, I think. And expresses excatly what I feel about screenwriting : it's inside me and finally wants to go out in form of lots of scripts.
As, you see, it's quite early for getting to know each other maybe, but honestly I can say that my dream job is director&screenwriter in this best combination 2in1. I can't imagine having a work I don't love so that's my idea for carieer and I'm trying to realising it as hard as I can. 

Book! Book! Yeah, I remember. 

Well, the author is D.B. Gilles, take a look at this smart guy: (photo from scriptmag website, thanks guys)


I'm afraid he didn't want this photo because he should smile. Like me, while reading his book.
I've read only 16 pages, but simply introduction to book made me sure it would help me a lot. 
Gilles in this book teaches how:

Write it.
Rewrite it.
Finish it.
Get the deal. 

This book has a lot of good recommedations, for example Dr. Lew Hunter from UCLA Screenwriting Department writes: 

"My God, he's done it! D.B.Gilles had topped himself...with the second edition of The Screenwriter Within. Better wisdom, laughs and heart!"

Yeah, I can totally agree, just after 16 pages. There are here so much useful advices but all is written in a specific, entertaining style. there are also some interesting writing exercises, which I have to figure out and much more good tips! 

He really knows what he's doing. He is a writing coach and teaches at New York's University's Tisch School of Arts. And he has blog as well, check it: Screenwriters Rehab. 

I really can recommend you this book if you, as me, are interested in screenwriting because it's also for beginner screenwriters and these experienced ones. I don't usually recommend a book without reading it to the end, but here new things are happening, and I'm doing it with this book! 

See you here soon, I'm stubborn. 

                                                                                             GigiBax








You Might Also Like

0 comments