Reading set books can fatigue you, but

9/05/2016

Al(oh)a!




Oh, because the school has started again and actually I've not been willing enough to accept that apparent detail. The holiday daily system must be changed and the revolution, especially at the first week, isn't so pleasant. 

Still, if you ask me I'm very glad. I can't complain and I won't because this griping is for me one of the most irritating and nonsense things in this world. 
However, eating breakfast 1 hour, coffee timing 1 another and writing half the day to have sometimes yoga breaks says sad goodbye to me and I patiently answer. It will be exciting time as well, right? Full of good people, new discoveries and endless attempts in life organisation to achieve the satisfaction when falling asleep in the bed. Yes. Zero percent irony in these words, promise. 

The irony, however, appears somewhere else. I could write quite a story about the inadequacies of the education system, but, well I'm having other topics in my mind in the literature area. 
Here I would like to touch the fragment, the set books, which list everyone gets at the beginning of the new year and usually is obliged to read. 

In this post, I want to truly encourage you to do it, but your own way. As, maybe you haven't noticed (as I haven't one or two years ago) these set books are mainly literature classics, they say must-reads of all the time. I know in every school and country the list is different but one connects them all - somehow they make most of the students (from my personal observations of course) much discouraged. 

...? 

1. Young people usually don't like to be said that they must do something. 
2. There are some (speaking about my system work) tests which check the knowledge of the details, generally not significant for the whole content. 
3. That results in the, let's call it analysis of the it-can-be-on-my-test things more than a reading. The order definitely should be changed over! 
4. The time which is given for reading makes the students feel under the pressure. They get more nervous > they decided to quit > they look for the easier way on the Net > they don't read eventually.

Sounds familiar, huh? 

I love good books, I really do and writing, especially throughout the different culture ages is simply fascinating! 

If we look at these readings as the ones we've chosen to read by ourselves, just for broadening our minds, just for the pleasure, with the company of tea and warm blanket we can truly get real image of these works. 

It may sound banal, but now, when I've got almost 19 set books to read this year, I believe this kind of attitude can rescue me. No one should ever tell me how (unless I ask) I'm supposed to read the words. 

They're the message sent for the thousands, but the language of imaginative mind everyone of us has, is different.

Don't let yourself stuck in this ironic obligatory position which is actually in your own hands. 

P.S. Shall I write more school reflections? Maybe I've learned too much today? Or I've immersed into the set books so deep that I try to create theories about idealistic reader? 

Gosh, goodnight, it's been such a long and fascinating Monday. 

GigiBax 




You Might Also Like

0 comments