I, Stormborn, Mother of Pigeons

7/27/2016

Aloha!




Today I'm coming to you with this unusual post about... a pigeon. But as my friend has claimed - there is something deep in the story and that's exactly what I want to achieve right now.

I'm going to show you that random situations can lead to the true emotions and deep reflections, the key is just to open your mind and observe. Or listen.

...

A few days ago I was innocently rolling out my yoga mat on the terrace. The summer evening was warm and the sunset has filled the sky. Read = perfect background for some zen practice.

As I calmly went into tree asana, suddenly a well-known sound has spread around. I looked up and there was a pigeon sitting, breathing very fast at the top of my roof. I immediately saw its blue ring around the limb. Carrier pigeon, or homing pigeon they say!

I couldn't help but brought some water in a cup and hand of pumpkin seeds. What I was thinking? That I would simply encourage him to fly down and eat the supper? Still, I was determined.

I was talking to him and then went with strange sounds I probably had never created before. And guess what? After about 10 minutes, the buddy came down a little and after next 10 minutes he landed just in front of the water cup! I've went through shock of joy inside me!

Now I couldn't help but spoke to my family how quickly I tamed this beautiful creature. He gobbled the water gently and came back for the roof, but that time he sat closer and started observing every single move of mine.

I decided to come to yoga practice again, in the middle I checked if he was looking, but yes, these calm eyes were sending me their curiosity. I finished finally, sat and started to breath, as you usually do at the end of the session and you don't imagine how much calm I felt inside! How easily I controlled my breath and it seemed - everything around. Yes, yoga is amazing stuff to get rid of the stress, but still this is very difficult to achieve such moment of careless peace.

Believe me or not but I think it was this little bird who let me truly, deeply rest.

I was looking at him and I just felt this freedom he has, to fly away every moment he just wishes to. How he observes the world, not understanding everything - but in our times it's even lighter for his mind to just not care and focus on his own, bird life.

That's what I learned from him that evening - that I should more often just sit and observe as the world goes more slowly. I should have the time during the day to let the mind clean as much as possible.

I wanted to thank him so I just took the chair to get a bit taller and petted him gently, he didn't resist at all. That was the carriage pigeon, who really brought a message for me.

And you? Have you got an impression that sometimes world, especially through nature around,
is trying hard to tell you something? 
No? I still believe it does. You need to just listen and see a little wider to get it, however. I've decided to practice, too. Good luck!



PS. Anyone who's Game of Thrones fan noticed the title -  yes, I'm in the family.
But now, actually, I'm more stressed out than fascinated, yesterday I reached the episode 9, season 3, if you know what I mean. 


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Birds like water on hot weather, and it would have thought you were very kind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you're right, but isn't it just AMAZING that bird could describe me like that? Like getting the book without caring about the cover! I know, I'm getting too philosophic here, but why not actually? Warm greetings!

      Delete