Book Challenge - progress part 1

4/02/2015

Hello everyone! :)

I'm very glad that lately some hard things went away and finally I have got more time for myself. For my personal development - books, movies, healthy lifestyle generally too. I came to the conclusion that kind of development is much more better, so goodbye school life, I'm not going to take you seriously in following months.

As I noticed I have got more time. I finally pushed Book and Movie Challenges which've been staying very empty sticked on my shelf. That's why I'm writing. I thought "Why not share with you my reviews from these challenges, maybe you will find more useful than spontaneously written reflections about midnight about life and so on (don't worry, I won't cut them anyhow).

                                       (important truth from "Will Grayson, Will Grayson") 


Last things I need to say: 

 a)  I'm going to create new tags on my blog so that you can find reviews quicker.

 b)   I decided 2 reviews per post - not so long, not too short. I've always prefered even numbers anyway.

Okay, organisation done. Let's start with reviews.


 - MORE THAN 215 PAGES -  


 AUTHOR:  Markus Zusak 
TITLE: "The Messenger"/ "I am the Messenger" (depends on publisher's choices) 
PAGES: (more than 215, I guess hahaha no, I'm weak in jokes) - 352
ABOUT: (kind of what you will find at the back of the book)
The book tells the story of Ed Kennedy - jinx from small, dirty town working as a taxi-driver. He spends his life mainly on playing cards with quite specific friends and drinking coffee with his dog. Everything is the same until he gets first ace and becomes The Messenger ...

sounds interestingly, hm? 

MY IMPRESSIONS: 
(it's not proffessional review, I focus on what is important for me and can encourage you to explore the book by your own) 

Honestly I have to say this novel is one of the best books I've ever read in my life. What is amazing in this book is that you can't predict what can happen. Markus keeps you on suspense and in mystery till the end. Some pages are hard to read, because you want to read them IMPOSSIBLY  FAST to get know what will happen. Whole plot is very complex, the books have many "hidden agendas", current problems of our lives and you need to THINK while reading this book. Also for me  the main character is very unusual in his ordinariness. I had an impression I was going through the whole story with Ed and that was super-awesome experience. I gave myself one-day rest after each part (the book is divided into four parts) to try get into Ed's thoughts and analyse situation with him.
You need to read this book just even for that experience - I'm not sure I've met with so strong one so far.
Believe me, you will read the book as quickly you don't notice - the clauses are short and not complicated (of course they have hidden agenda behind) so you read dynamically.

MY GRADE: ( from 1 - 10)

10! 

 - HAS AT LEAST TWO AUTHORS - 



AUTHORS: John Green, David Levithan 
TITLE: "Will Grayson, Will Grayson"
PAGES: 310

ABOUT: 

The very complex story about Will Grayson and Will Grayson, two young namesakes who accidentaly cross their life-paths. The book about love, high-school survival, discovering own identity and finally about friendship. 
Quoting: The book for people who can THINK. 

MY IMPRESSIONS: 

First of all, I officialy have to admit that John Green is one of my favourite authors and people. I've read all his books and each one put an impact on me. He's such an intelligent man, with great knowledge of young-brain working and about life too. He has also characteristic style of writing and specific but marvoulous sense of humour. Is this the recipe for ideal writer? 

So it was sure when the book was published in my country I had to catch it. 

The second author, whom I met first time, David Levithan did great job as well as John Green. After reading you have to read the interview they had so that you can find out about very interesting genesis of the idea. Anyway, first you have to read the book. 
I was impressed by the fusion of good-sharp humour and at the same time a lot of sadness and serious thinking they put in the characters and the plot. We have for example character everyone should meet - Tiny Cooper - the teenager with such a self-confidence, everyone should learn from. 
We have also the view of Will Grayson (one of) as a depressed teenager. I read recently that 70% of teengares have even a little depression - that's horrible! Here it's shown not the procees of starting this illness - here we see very true and honest view of dealing with it. 
The important thread in the book is also homosexualism. And again, something which touched me the most in this book - SINCERITY. Both Green and Levithan are not afraid of taking difficult topics and glory for them! We need more books like this, books which give us particular reflections everyone should pay attention to! 

I recommend you this book not only as a great entertainment (the humour!) but also as a source of important reflections. Maybe you will find some answers to questions you hide inside you? Who knows? You will only find about if you read this book. 

MY GRADE: 

10! 



I hope you liked the post, I'm going to create next part soon! 

Have great reading-experiences! 





~GigiBax



All pictures come from Pinterest (C)

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. You're welcome! :) hope next posts won't let you down too :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good books, good life!
    My new theory hahah XD
    Good job girl!
    Susan XD

    ReplyDelete