"The fact is fiction" - a look at modern generation

5/10/2015

Hello everyone!

Tonight I'm coming with spontaneous reflections which actually have been in my mind since moment my growing up started seriously.


                                          Truth.
(GigiBax photography)

Media.

Truth?

Consumption.

But truth...

Opinion.

Truth!

Opinion.

...truth

Truth is fiction.



In this pretty unusual, quickly, graphical way I wanted to show you the battle Truth struggles every day in our modern world. I've seen a video which led me to write something about it. Also the song which appeared on the blog once needs exploring. Watch, listen and read below if you want.









What's wrong and why I'm writing

Firstly you should know I'm pretty good at observations. But you even don't have to be good at it - if you simply have your eyes open wider (wider in big, complex meaning), you will see something is wrong. Something in people's minds, harder to describe. I want share my observations - maybe they will lead you to yours and then - we can change this something. 

It's difficult, actually, to put those thoughts in words exactly sharing all their details. I'll start with two quick events from last week.

School. Polish Lesson. Topic of the lesson: The View of Modern Human. 

We had a task to complete cloud-scheme, you know, fun in loose associations. That what was written on the board. By the young people who shouldn't taste this adult life so fast.

 - stress
- rush
- not enough time for family
- boredom
- monotony
- easier access to technology
- routine

Okay, now trip to Ikea from yesterday.

Me and my mom had to walk through whole floor again to chase cash-desks. We put 2 more things to our basket before finally reaching them and we didn't plan it.

What I mean is that I'm worried about our modern generation. We can observe that more and more people are still in a hurry, in the stress, because work, because no time for sleeping, because no time for anything except working at all...
Our society has been wrapped in strange mix of stress and negative emotions which are controlled by social media and technology. 
When I read a book in the public I feel like I'm an alien. 
When I turn on the news, I see same tragic information. 
When I go to the shopping center, I don't know how, I subconsciously keep my purse closer, so that it can't be stolen. 

You ask, what's wrong? 

This something wrong is that we've been loosing our own personal thinking, own choice between truth and a lie  because already world has decided what is better. 
People start behaving like robots. It sounds seriously, but really they do. They're too susceptible to what is in media which usually want to earn only, but the side effect is its bad influence. Like you seen in the video, we're attacking with ideas what to do and how to do it with no explanation why to do it. 



Of course there're many people who didn't give up their thinking and convictions and because of they, there's still hope. Hope for what, you may ask?
Hope for better world, within we'll have no wars, no crimes, no violence, no hatred. Utopia? Probably. But tell me where the whole devil in people's souls come from, if it's not side effect of uncontrolled and indiscriminate influence from TV, Internet and other people already wrapped in the noticed mix? 


Why we should change something?


It can sound banally but because of better life. We have only one, remember. 
I know people who put simplest worths as the first in their lives: family, love, health, passion...and you know what? They're truly happy. 



And that's why I have this blog.

I'd like, by writing my blog, sometimes influence on you, but in this positive, good way. 
So you could read something and maybe change something into better. For me, it would be the best award and appreciation in the world. 

So maybe why not change a little our lives? Sounds banally.
Again.
I'm sorry. 
But actually banal things are true, and Truth is what I'm talking about. 

Why don't we (I'm not perfect, I have this battle too) spend 2 hours more with our children/parents this week? 
Why don't we turn off the TV tonight and watch the stars together?
Why don't we simply take care of ourselves tomorrow: prepare healthy salad, do some yoga? 
Why don't we let little ant walk on our balcony so that it could come back to her own-ant family? 

Why don't... add your own ending and keep continuing. 



~ True and not going to change  - GigiBax









You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thanks for this post as well! Your every thought is really precious to me. With you I've gained the satisfaction of life. It's the best thing a person can achieve. Thanks again.
    xo, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caroline...?

      Are you still somewhere there?
      Please, tell me you are and you haven't got too impatient...!

      As you see I haven't visited my blog for a long time as predicted but today on Women's Day I've decided to check how I interpreted that matter year ago... You know the article etc..
      AND then I saw your comments. I'm still in the state of instability, I guess.

      What a huge difference in the perspective you gave me writing such honest words.
      I feel blessed - I am so happy I could influence you somehow, in a good way! It's one of the best news I've ever got in my artistic life. I must tell you, I'm finishing my book currently - just about 50 pages more. And you know what? From these words, exactly your words I will create a picture which I will print and stick to my card board. Because with that motivation I will get that book to the end, more confident than ever! THANK YOU! (and sorry you have waited so long for a reply) warm greetings&take care, GigiBax xoxo

      Delete